Seekonk, Mass. (October 17, 2018): The Tri-Track Open Modified Series (TTOM) will pay tribute to its founders Dick Williams and Jim Schaeferon Saturday, October 27 during the running of the series’ season finale at Seekonk Speedway. The two are the driving force behind the continued success of the series. Williams will serve as the Grand Marshal for the event.

 

“Nobody in this sport works harder for not only the owners and drivers of Modified racing but the fans as well,” said Managing TTOMS partner Wayne Darling. “Every discussion starts and ends with how the event will impact the teams and the fans.”

 

Dick Williams has been a fixture in northeast racing for decades. He was a race promoter in the early 80s even promoting multiple tracks in one year. After a rather long hiatus from the sport, Williams along with his band of “Racing Guys” that includes Wayne Coats returned to his roots to raise money for a variety of races in support of the drivers and teams.

 

JimSchaeferis best known as the Long Island Maniac. Hailing from Long Island, he spent much of his time supporting the racers at Riverhead. In 2005, he began traveling to more and more race tracks. He gained notoriety in the heyday of the online message board Mod Series Scene with his positivity. His screen name was Long Island Mod Maniac. His reputation grew while working to raise additional money for Modified Tour teams at Riverhead.

 

“We complement each other,” said Schaeferof his relationship with Williams. “I mingle with the fans, he deals with the track and the teams.”

 

After connecting through the urging of the Zachem family several years back,Schaeferand Williams have shared a common goal to bring affordable racing to modified teams with solid payout and forged a strong friendship along the way. The dynamic duo recruit drivers, negotiate with race tracks and vendors, solicit sponsors and provide exceptional service long after the agreements are reached.

“The Tri-Track Series was the best thing that happened to modified racing in a long, long time and if not for Jim & Dick it would have never became a reality,” said multi-time Series champion Matt Hirschman. “I still remember being at the 2013 Thompson World Series when the idea of the series was just some scribbles on a note pad and a conversation piece going into the off-season. It quickly gained momentum and became what it still is today – the best short track open modified events of any season.”

 

Most importantlySchaeferbelieves it is the mutual respect that he and Williams have for one another that has been the key to their success.

 

“We tend to agree 99% of the time. The other 1% we civilly work things out.”

 

It is this same philosophy that has earned Williams and Schaefer the support of team and tracks like. And, the admiration of the entire Tri-Track Open Modified Series team.

 

“It will feel good to honor these guys during the show,” added Darling. “It will be great to see Dick as the Grand Marshal.”

 

The Haunted 100 is set for Saturday, October 27 at Seekonk Speedway in Seekonk, MA. In addition to the hotly contested 100-lap Modified main event, the ground-pounders will be joined by the Pro-All-Star Series (PASS) for a 150-lap Super Late Model feature event. The already stout schedule of short-track racing will also include a 50-lap Late Model race.

 

Champions will be crowned in both the Tri-Track Open Modified Series and the PASS Northern SLM Tour.

 

Gates open at 11am with racing starting at 1pm on Saturday, October 27. General admission is $27. Children under 12 are admitted free. Pit gates opens at 8am with admission of $37.  The rain date is Sunday, October 28.

 

To learn more about the Tri-Track Open Modified Series, visit TriTrackMods.com or find the series on Facebook and Twitter.

 

123 Shares