Tri Track Open Modified Series
Modified Car Rules
A. Any safe modified type racer with a wheel base between 104″ – 110″
B. Maximum tread width 84″ when measured at wheel bead.
C. All cars must have their own transponders and must be mounted on the right side 12.00 back from CL of the rear axle.
D. All 390 carburetors must meet VMRS rules.
E. 650 CFI Carburetors must pass go-no-go gauges
F. No Traction Control
All total and left side weights are with driver strapped in seat before starting heat and feature.
A. ALUM. HEAD MOTORS 6.8 lbs x cubic inch + 175 lbs. minimum total weight will be no less than 2575 lbs. 56% maximum left side weight. Max compression ratio 12.1 for 18 degree motors only.
B. Any NONE-PORTED STEEL cyl head 6.8 x cubic inch + 175 – 60 pounds 2550 minimum. Any size carburetor allowed. 56% left side weight.
C. Any STEEL-PORTED Head 6.8 x cubic inch +175 lbs – 30 pounds minimum weight 2575. Maximum 650 CFI carburetor, no open boosters. 56% maximum left side weight.
D. Nascar ALUMINUM SPEC MOTOR are allowed. Must be NASCAR weight legal ( 55% 2650 lbs) Must meet all NASCAR specs including carburetor must have NASCAR seals.
E. SK modified 6.8 x cubic inch + 175 – 60 lbs. Minimum weight 2500 lbs. 57 % maximum left side weight. Maximum 650 cfm carburetor only. No modifications other than removal of the choke tower.
F. Non quick change type rear will be allowed. Rear must be locked.
G. No tire softener allowed
H. Tri-Y headers allowed.
I. Mufflers are mandatory.
J. Engine Compression equipment and Engine Displacement test equipment will be on hand for each event.
K. Engine displacement must be correctly displayed on the hood.
SPOILER HEIGHT / WIDTH
A. 48″ max width
B. 8.00″ max blade height must be clear Lexan
C. A maximum height of 44.0 inches from the ground to top of spoiler with driver
A. Tri-Track approved fuels (Sunoco) must be a leaded fuel with a pump octane 110-112 (R+M) and meet the manufacturer’s specifications.
B. No mixing and/or blending of approved and/or unapproved fuels of the same brand or fuels of two different brands.
C. No MTBE, ether, alcohol, ethanol, nitrogen, Nitro compounds, performance additives or any oxygenates may be blended or introduced into the inductions of fuel supply, fuel cell or upstream in the fuel system.
D. Fuel samples will be tested to the manufacturers specifications.
E. Tri-Track legal fuels must be used for practice, qualifying, and competition.
F. Tri-Track has the right to sample a competitors fuel at anytime during event. Samples will be impounded for observation and/or testing by Tri-Track, Sunoco, NERF and/or any outside laboratories at Tri-Track’s discretion.
Tire Type – Hoosier 1320 Left, Hoosier 1330 right
1. Teams will be allowed to buy a maximum of 9 tires at all series race tracks. You have to purchase 4 to 5 to race. The other 4 tires for practice and inventory is optional ( 5 tires for race and 4 for practice) All tires will be recorded. You don’t have to buy 9 tires.
2. A total of five tires will be allowed in qualifying heats and feature ( four plus one for change)
3. Teams will be able to use any recorded tire in their inventory for spares in case of flats or wrecks ( must come off track flat or damaged)
4. Qualifying: All teams must have their tire slips passed into the tire official with the serial numbers that they are using. Tire slips must be passed in before scaling starts. A total of five tires will be recorded. The tires you race in the heats are the tires you race in the feature.
5. Consi/ B Feature race – Teams will be allowed to use any of their registered car numbered tires for consi/ B feature race only. You can use the tires you attempted to qualify with. You will be allowed to use your one new tire. You must put your heat race tires back on for the feature. This will be fair for everyone as they will have the same laps on their tires for the start of the feature.
6. Feature: You will be allowed to swap qualified tires from front to back to achieve proper stagger before or during the feature. You can only change one new tire. You will not be allowed to put on any other tires. Only if the tire is completely flat can you make an additional change. Anyone caught tampering with tires will face disqualification. Remember…all tires are recorded. If you do not have the proper tires on after the heat race and feature race you will face disqualification. A one race suspension if anyone is caught tampering.
7. Tires can not be purchased from any tire suppliers… ONLY at track.
8. You may pre order tires for races but they must be purchased at race track on race day for that specific race. Tires will be recorded at that time. Tires will be available race day for practice and race to anyone that didn’t preorder. Contact Dan@hoosiertireeast.com or by calling him at (860) 646-9646 to pre order tires for each race.
9. No team can swap or sell tires.
10. Teams can practice on any brand of tire.
11. ANY Tires used in Heats, B mains and Features MUST BE purchased at the track day of race.
ANYONE CAUGHT VIOLATING ABOVE RULES WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION AND A ONE RACE SUSPENSION OR FINE.
TRI-TRACK RULE #1 SUPERCEDES ANY QUESTIONABLE CALL. C-S (COMMON SENSE)